1. AUTHENTICITY RISKS. Forgery and counterfeiting are risks associated with the purchase of rare coins. To minimize these risks, it is recommended that investors only buy coins certified by one of the leading independent coin grading services. With the exception of certain uncertified circulated coins, each coin sold by Blanchard and Company, Inc. has been graded by either the Professional Coin Grading Service ("PCGS") or by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation ("NGC"). Each of these coin grading services is recognized within the coin grading industry for its superior expertise, and each guarantees unequivocally that coins certified by it are authentic. Blanchard and Company, Inc. relies upon those guarantees in selling coins, and does not independently verify whether certified coins are authentic. Accordingly, Blanchard and Company, Inc. expressly disclaims any express or implied warranties otherwise attaching to the coins, including that the coins are merchantable.
2. GRADING RISKS. The value of a coin is highly dependent upon the condition or "grade" of that coin. Since grading is a subjective process, there is risk in acquiring coins whose grades have not been independently certified by one of the leading independent coin grading services. The possibility exists that a coin could be misgraded by one of the independent grading services, and it is possible for such services to assign a different grade to the same coin upon resubmission. The guarantees provided by such services provide protection against misgrading, given the continuing solvency of the services. Blanchard and Company, Inc. cannot be responsible for any of the services' guarantees or for subsequent changes in their policies and expressly disclaims any express or implied warranties associated with the grades assigned by PCGS and NGC.
3. BLANCHARD AND COMPANY, INC. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND DELIVERY POLICY. Blanchard and Company, Inc. offers a 10-day customer satisfaction policy after receipt of numismatic coins. Carefully inspect and evaluate your coins during this period. If you are displeased with your purchase for any reason whatsoever, you may return your coins to Blanchard and Company, Inc. within 10 days of receipt, in the same condition in which you received them, for a full refund, including shipping costs. If your order consists of the coins set forth below (hereinafter referred to as "Exchangeable Common Date Coins"), the 10-day customer satisfaction policy permits you to exchange your coins for other coins of the same denomination and grade but does not allow you to return the coins for a refund. Exchangeable Common Date Coins are $1.00, $2.50, $3.00, $5.00, $10.00 and $20.00 gold coins certified as Mint State 66 or lower by PCGS or NGC, as well as uncertified circulated coins. Bullion coins, those that trade at a premium of less than 15% over the value of their underlying precious metals content, are not subject to return or exchange. Sales of all such coins shall be final. Delivery of bullion orders is normally accomplished within two to three weeks from the date of receipt of payment. All bullion orders will be assessed the then current shipping charges. Numismatic coins normally ship within two to three weeks after payment is received.
4. VOLATILITY. The coin market is subject to substantial fluctuations including significant and rapid increases and decreases in value from time to time. Investors must be able to assume the risk of such price fluctuations.
5. INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE. During the period in which relatively accurate statistics have been maintained, many rare coins have shown an excellent record as appreciating assets. Blanchard and Company, Inc. believes that rare coins are excellent long-term investments, but the future is never certain. The past performance of coins is a guide, not a prediction, of future events. Blanchard and Company, Inc. is always prepared to assist you in selecting coins for your portfolio or collection. You understand, however, that the decision to purchase coins, and which coins to purchase, is ultimately yours alone.
6. UNREGULATED STATE OF THE RARE COIN MARKET. The coin market is not subject to some of the forms of governmental regulation applicable to other forms of investment. Conversely, there can be no assurance that, in the future, regulations which materially affect the coin market will not be imposed. At present, there are no restrictions on the ownership of rare coins, and rare coin ownership offers certain privacy advantages. However, there is no guarantee that, in the future, these benefits will not be restricted or totally removed by government regulation. There is no guarantee that the existing electronic coin exchange, which has brought certain benefits to the rare coin market, may not limit or suspend its operations, which could be disruptive to the rare coin market.
7. BID PRICE. Blanchard and Company, Inc. is a major buyer of rare coins. If you wish to sell your coins in the future, Blanchard and Company, Inc. encourages you to offer them to Blanchard and Company, Inc. first, although Blanchard and Company, Inc. cannot guarantee to make a bid on every coin or that Blanchard and Company, Inc.'s bid will equal or exceed those from other coin dealers. Should Blanchard and Company, Inc. make a bid on your coins, it is Blanchard and Company, Inc.'s current practice, which is subject to change at its sole discretion, to offer to buy back coins that it commonly sells at Blanchard and Company, Inc.'s current bid price (the price at which it buys back coins sight-unseen from its clients). That bid price is raised or lowered on a daily, even hourly basis, depending upon various market conditions, Blanchard and Company, Inc.'s inventory needs and the price and availability of comparable coins.
8. ECONOMIC FORCES. The success of an investment in rare coins is dependent, at least in part, upon extrinsic economic forces including supply, demand, international monetary conditions and inflation or the expectation of inflation. The impact of these forces on the value of coins cannot be predicted with any certainty. No assurance can be given that an investor will be able to sell his or her coins at a price greater than or equal to their acquisition cost. Rare coins are not suitable investments for investors seeking current income.
9. BLANCHARD AND COMPANY, INC. PRICES. Because of expenses associated with the acquisition and sale of rare coins, expenses which are not involved in other investment assets, the spreads (the gross margins on selling price) charged by dealers in rare coins are typically higher than those associated with investments such as stocks, bonds and commodity futures contracts. Although higher or lower spreads may exist in certain instances, typically, the spread for relatively common coins sold by Blanchard and Company, Inc. with no reference to the date of issue is in the range between 8% and 23%, depending on the type, rarity and quality of the coin sold. The spread on coins of significant rarity sold by Blanchard and Company, Inc. may be in the 29% range, again subject to slightly higher or lower spreads in certain instances. Therefore, rare coins should be considered to be long-term investments with a holding period of at least three (3) to five (5) years. However, there is no guarantee that the holding of a coin, for any period, will result in appreciation. Blanchard and Company, Inc.'s typical spread on bullion coins (those that trade at a premium of less than 15% over the value of their underlying precious metals content) is approximately .50% to 5%.
10. ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to transactions between you and Blanchard and Company, Inc. shall be settled by arbitration conducted in New Orleans, Louisiana. Judgment upon the award rendered by the Arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
We’ll buy back anything we sell to you, at any time.