As Good As Gold (And 9 Other Gold Quotes We Think You’ll Like)
Have you ever thought about how much the word gold permeates our everyday language?
Charles Dickens wrote the famous phrase “as good as gold” in The Christmas Carol published in 1843. Here’s a few more examples:
- Silence is golden
- Pot of gold
- A gold mine of information
- Heart of gold
- The golden word
- Worth its weight in gold
- The golden age
- Golden years
- Golden parachute
The key similarity is that all the sayings underscore the truth that gold is valuable, universally accepted and a measure of wealth.
Shifting over to the investing world, gold remains a time-honored, safe-haven investment.
Gold performed as expected in recent weeks – the price of gold climbed, when stocks fell. If you want to hear more what others have said about investing in gold throughout history here’s 9 quotes we think you’ll like.
- “Money is gold, and nothing else” — J.P. Morgan
- “If you don’t trust gold, do you trust the logic of taking a beautiful pine tree, worth about $4,000 – $5,000, cutting it up, turning it into pulp and then paper, putting some ink on it and then calling it one billion dollars?” — Kenneth J. Gerbino
- “To prefer paper to gold is to prefer high risk to lower risk, instability to stability, inflation to steady long term values, a system of very low grade performance to a system of higher, though not perfect, performance. — William Rees-Mogg
- “Start now buying gold coins, any kind, and hoarding them.”— Dr. John L. King
- “The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Praise, like gold and diamonds, owes its value only to its scarcity.”– Samuel Johnson
- “We are now at a pivotal moment in history. In coming years we will see a destruction of wealth that the world has never before encountered. The illusory paper fortunes created by the credit bubble will be totally decimated. Very few investors will take any preventive measures to preserve their wealth. But for the small number who own gold and silver and some precious metal stocks, the coming years will not only insure their wealth but also be an investment opportunity of remarkable proportions.” Victor Sperandeo
- “Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – ZERO” – Voltaire in the 18th century
- Gold will be around, gold will be money when the dollar and the euro and the yuan and the ringgit are mere memories.”— Richard Russell
If any of these quotes have inspired you to learn more about gold, give Blanchard a call today at 1-800-880-4653.
What’s your favorite saying about gold? Leave a comment below!